The bright citrus flavor of the piri piri chili enhances the cucumber and cilantro in this refreshing cocktail. And of course the chiles brings a welcome dose of heat to counteract the fresh cool flavors.
- a few thick slices of cucumber
- few leaves fresh cilantro
- 1-3 dried piri piri chili peppers (or substitute 1/4 teaspoon habanero)
- 1 3/4 ounce gin (we like Half Moon)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Morris Kitchen ginger simple syrup (or plain if you don't have ginger)
Muddle cucumber, cilantro, and chili in a cocktail shaker or mixing glass until well broken and slightly mashed. Add gin, lime, and simple syrup and shake vigorously. Strain into a double rocks glass, half filled with ice. Garnish with a slice of cucumber.
makes one cocktail
The Chili Pepper Field Guide is a growing knowledge base exploring the diverse flavors of chili peppers from around the world. We welcome your thoughts and content suggestions via email or social media using hashtag #chililab