- 4 pounds assorted summer vegetables, such as:
- Eggplant, halved
- Summer Squash, halved
- Spring or Vidalia onions, halved
- Cabbage, halved
- Bell peppers
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 cups fresh herbs (such as basil, mint, cilantro, marjoram)
Rub the vegetables with oil and sprinkle with Forager’s Blend Grilling Salts. Prepare a charcoal fire in your grill, and brush the grill grates with oil. Add the vegetables to the grill, turning frequently until cooked, with some caramelization. Transfer to a sheet tray to cool slightly, then roughly dice the eggplant, squash, asparagus, onions and peppers. Cut the kernels from the corn cobs, and thinly slice the cabbage. Transfer to a large bowl.
In a blender, combine the jalapeno, garlic, lime, sugar and fish sauce and puree. Pour over the warm vegetables and add the rice and herbs. Toss to coat.